Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Matter of Size

What can I say? This is a humungous freakin' bead.
 Hollow though so it's not especially heavy.
I did finish the green coat which turned out better than my crappy photo would indicate, but now I really really REALLY want one in the purple fabric that I didn't buy yesterday.

The skirt? Eh.

I had what I think I'll call an estimation error but is probably more accurately a measurement error - or lack of measurement error - and while there are workarounds that could salvage it, the whole process smacks too strongly of mending which is something that makes me move most purposefully in the other direction and it just so happens that my stash has some beautifully-aged fine raw silk yardage sufficient to make a dress... and there's also this tie-dyed baby corduroy that isn't yet in my stash but that's a small matter after all. I have a credit card and I know how to use it!

No comments: