Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ridiculously Self-Satisfied

It's a given that if I'm teaching a class, at a bare minimum I'll have complete instructions available as well as a sample or two.
I'm short a sample that I wanted, but at least I did get to stitch up a few variations (top left and second from the top right are the vanilla version; the others vary slightly) of the class I taught last night.

I wish these photographed better, because I'm in love with the colours: the seed beads are a matte metallic green and purple mix, and the other shiny beads are green iris, which is a very dark iridescent finish with greenish undertones. It's very definitely in my sludgey playground.

What has me so smug is the fact that I also completed the March Earring of the Month kits which I generally start thinking about as the month changes, but at least for January and February didn't manage to send out until halfway through the month.
Perhaps I'll have the April kits done even earlier, and by June I'll be on magazine schedule: out a month before the issue date. Or not.

I'm thinking of making myself a pair too. All the non-seed beads are amethysts and I particularly like the large faceted beads, as the colour is wonderfully deep and rich. I might need to make a matching necklace as well.

No comments: