Friday, April 11, 2008

Miami

I mean, really, how bad could life be if you can have this in front of your eyes as you drink your morning coffee? Without glass between you and the outside air. (Not so dreadful, if you couldn't figure it out).

I had a last-minute enrollment for both of my classes today, I scored an incredible lampwork bead, not to mention ridiculously cheap pearls and semi-precious beads, and I might have one person in my class tomorrow, and there's talk of my coming and teaching workshops at local guilds. Not having a dreadful time at all.

And on the walk back to my room I was accosted by an incredibly beautiful Colombian woman who called me "Sweetie" and put boatloads of make-up on my face and didn't act too put out when I gulped at the prices as I backed away from her kiosk. I'm gorgeous now, I tell you, GORGEOUS. Sweetie.

No comments: