Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Even So

Even though I was almost convinced that because I changed the shaping of my Architectural Rib Sweater, making it leaner and more fitted, I probably wouldn't have needed the extra yarn I spun, luckily I was wrong.
The leftovers weigh in at around 200g, less than the extra lot I spun, just barely. They'd be really good in a mitred squares design with some solids though...
Yet another in an ever-longer line of poorly-photographed sweaters, but it's done, and it fits well, except the back neck, of which there's a bit much, but I'll deal with it another time when I figure out what to do. I was avoiding the turtleneck of the original design since I neither like the way they look nor the way they feel, and this yarn, while rather a nice sweater yarn, wouldn't pass the bra test, and so is unsuitable for neckwear. I ended up picking up stitches around the neck, working a purl round and then casting off. I might do better to pick up starting and ending at centre front and instead working back and forth for a collar, but I'm not in the mood just now.

Yes, I started the new job and they have sucky chairs and I'm seriously concerned about my back because if I sit in that chair another day I won't be able to stand up the day after that, so I guess it's clobberin' time. Or something.

No comments: