Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stinky

The weather is stinking hot and humid here, but these little guys don't seem too bothered by it.
The house has a lovely pool (salt-water of course), so we can at least cool off. The house is air-conditioned, but my brother (the one who lives in Sydney) and his wife don't seem to get that opening the doors and windows isn't terribly useful when the outside temperature is way higher than the setting on the thermostat, and when the dehumidifier is already working beyond capacity (it drips from the vents so we have a huge puddle next to the dining room table).

My sister-in-law gave me this lovely necklace in its own matching felt bag. I have no interest in doing bead embroidery myself, much as I love the look, so it's a charming, thoughtful gift. I may swap out the ribbons for some chain though - adjustable is nice, but chain sits better.
After seeing Isis on Skype, the two little girls insisted that she buy me cat earrings from them.
It's not the sort of thing I usually go for, but I love that they were so thoughtful, the colours are fun, and it really is like Isis' Halloween cat stance, which always cracks us up.

After redoing the sleeves completely, making them a bit wider so as not to restrict blood flow to his hands, Julien's sweater is finished for the third time once and for all. He's a sweet kid, very taken with the idea of his sweater being made for him right in front of his eyes.

Even though his brother is less interested, I suppose I should ensure that his sweater also fits.

Tomorrow.

No comments: