Sunday, December 26, 2010

Better, However...

I'm in the metaphorical bosom of my family, but I have no luggage.

Almost all of the presents were in the suitcases, all toiletries, favourite clothes, underwear, knitting projects.

We went shopping today, which would have been more fun if it weren't out of desperation and necessity. US currency is awfully weak, and Australia is very expensive (and always has been, even when the exchange rate has been favourable), so United's $50 daily clothing allowance really doesn't go all that far, unfortunately.

On the plus side, I finished my nephew's sweater on the long layover.
Minus side? My tape measure informs me that both nephews are larger than the size charts I found had indicated, mostly in the sleeve length, which is fixable only for the sweater whose yarn is not in my lost suitcase...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ack! Here's hoping for a found luggage post next: perhaps it went by way of Qantas, since that's how it was checked through?

Gah, best of luck.

(must be nice in the sun though, yes?)