Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ever the Optimist

So apart from kit samples and packing kits, I have a bit of construction work to do for the show.

I need to make what will be essentially huge shadow-boxes for all my kit samples, print up tickets, one per kit so that customers do not have to resort to pawing through boxes of slippery baggies of kits, and then rig some sort of filing system so that I can lay my hands instantly on any kit when presented with a ticket for same.

I'd kinds of like some sort of raised section to display finished pieces for sale, but that's near the bottom of the to-do list.

I've bought the tent/gazebo/thing, tables, some displays and two table-cloths, um, sheets, but there's so much more to do that I really need another couple of months. I have two weeks.

Meanwhile, I made samples.
Not as many as I'd have liked to have finished, but I guess I could have done none at all and then next weekend would really be panic stations.

I keep forgetting how much I love pearls. I really should go back to figuring out how to use them in seed bead designs, both because they're pretty, but also because they're such a nice contrast in texture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I so wish I could be at that show!!!!