Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two Thoughts, Two Guesses, Two Minds, Two Sides

As I was plying while waiting for the plumber for whom I had left work early and who was already late, I had this thing in my head that felt like a second thought. I was plying the yarns from the nasty neppy second-cutty roving I spun on Saturday and which was waiting for me to get over (or at least past. Ish) my depression at how it disappointed me which is why I was only plying on Wednesday. That, and I've been busy.

Anyway, I thought about plying, and about how it hides a multitude of sins, and how I'm really a pretty decent spinner after all, and bad roving really shouldn't be the boss of me and honestly I'm sureI could ply the yarn into a delightful, soft tweed.
Meh.

It's drying now, and I'll re-evaluate once it's done, but I'm second-guessing my second thoughts all over again.

Luckily my time off from work was not wasted, although the plumber was not a magic-worker, which means I'm home from work again today, and highly unimpressed as the shutoff that he installed last night as a stopgap for The Faucet That Could Not Be Turned Off not only shut off the water to the faucet in the tub in the kids' bathroom, but also to the toilet and sink in mine, so I'm doing the bucket thing. No, I don't pee in a bucket, I pour a bucket of water to flush. Luckily my shower still has cold water, much as I love scalding showers. I seriously don't understand the pipes in this house.

Did I mention the word "unimpressed"? And they're an hour late this morning.

Not happy.

Anyway, back to the time not wasted.

I love finishing things, especially if they've been on the pile for ages, and if finishing them means I'm that much closer to starting something new and exciting. That's almost redundant, as new things are pretty much by definition exciting mostly.
I finished a cuff.
And a pendant.
Which has a pretty wrong side too.
And another pendant which also has a pretty wrong side but which I neglected to photograph.
And then I wondered about those so-called spade beads, the use of which had thus far eluded me.
I'm in two minds as to whether this is an attractive use of them, but I think it's perfectly valid with Brownie points for being two-sided.

No comments: