Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All About Indecision

I'm still in two minds about my neppy fibre.
As yarn, it's not without merits: it's soft and lofty, but man, it was annoying to spin. And the bag says "975g" which is a whole lot of spinning. On the other hand, I could knit a dress with that. It's always nice to have options. In truth the colours are less appealing than when I bought the roving, but as I've mentioned before, I'm not afraid of the dyepot.

Still undecided, I did some last-minute sale-beading (Amy needs my stuff by Thursday evening for the Saturday sale).
The large soft green beads in the larger beaded beads are grossular garnet, very rustic, and the remainder are glass.

I really like this necklace, and am tempted to keep it if it doesn't sell.

I believe the pendant is some sort of jasper (if not, then agate. It seems everything unidentifiable is jasper or agate. My money is on jasper this time), and the stripey beads are lamp-worked. The fillers between the beaded beads and others are yummy deep fuchsia fresh-water pearls.

I do have a few more pendants, a few more striped beads, and a ton more pearls, but I'm out of the large, soft pink beads in the beaded beads, so duplicating this exactly is iffy.

It would go really well with what I'm wearing today.

No comments: