Monday, October 25, 2010

So SOAR

I managed to make a couple more pairs of earrings before leaving for SOAR.
I've already given away the red tigereye pair (the lovely Anne has them); I believe I still have the spice jasper pair. Not to worry, I'm sure I'll find another victim, uh recipient any time now.

I'm not entirely sure why I'm always so surprised at just how optimistic I am about what I can achieve, because invariably I can't. Get done what I was certain I could.

Take this sweater.
I was pretty certain that it could be completed by some time Saturday night (along with SOAR packing and organizing the house before leaving and explaining what needs to be done to my daughter who is taking care of my kitten (and oh yes, the house too), and not only that, but get it dyed before bedtime too.

I got a few rows into the raglan yoke.

I had been planning to drive myself, but it turned out that there was room in Amy's car, so I had six hours of back-seat knitting time.

As we pulled into the driveway of the resort, I had picked up perhaps seven of the button band stitches. Still feeling optimistic, though I realized that I'd left the dye at home.

Hopeful as ever, I was aware that I knew People who I was pretty sure were bribable. Luckily, they were.
They didn't have black dye, but were happy to mix up some eggplant.

The SOAR Gallery opens tomorrow night, so I'm hoping it will be dry by the morning in time to hand it to the nice young women who are running things this year.

Oh sure, no worries, it'll be dry!

1 comment:

Janel Laidman said...

Ooh, I love the eggplant, very good decision to overdye!

Have fun at SOAR, say hi to everyone for me - sorry I won't be there this year.