Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beyond Help

Yeah but ok this one is part of a necklace.
I couldn't find the single absolutely correct seed bead colour, so I used a few, and I have to say I rather like it this way. You have an ostensibly plain chain in that there's no texture, and yet its interest lies in the movement from one colour to the next. Somewhat surprisingly to me, I like the most contrasty bit the best: the part with the golden seed beads.

It's also a convenient way to use colours which are fabulous but may be overpowering when appearing as the only seed beads in a project.

Queen of Murk and Sludge that I am, there's something about this misty and dewy Fauxbergé that I love better than all the others. I have an inordinate weakness for opalite beads (these are purely glass beads lest you imagine a mine in Ireland or somewhere cool and foggy) which in general have no place amidst the dark iridescents where I usually find myself, so I buy them and gaze longingly from time to time, and when I occasionally use them, I'm generally disappointed.

Not this time. I'm perfectly satisfied with this combination of cool, damp colours, and the opalite rounds that glow from within.

It's possible that by now (I think the count is eight) I have almost enough class samples, although to be fair, I did change a design element about halfway through, so not all are suitable.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

the neckstrap is wonderful...i love the blending of different colors. And I have to agree...my favorite part is the yellow to purple.
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Perlen und Pinsel said...

Wunderschön!!!!
LG Claudia