Saturday, May 22, 2010

Colour Play

The red mini panspora earrings were cute, but Not Quite Good Enough, but I knew what would fix them: transparency. Transparent fringe beads, to be precise.

Some time ago, guided by overly flattering descriptions and under accurate photos, I ordered colour-lined fringe beads in a variety of colour combinations (transparent glass with a contrasting colour in the bead hole that is magnified by the roundness of the glass) and received a scary neon-bright assortment. One of the colours wasn't too bad, but none spoke to me in anything resembling seductive tones.

Guided by the analogy of complementary colours, I chose seed beads in a muted, silk finish (I love Czech seed beads. They have colours not found in Japanese seed beads, and they're just so rounded and juicy. And they work much better in these beaded beads) to pair with pale lime fringe beads with neon orange linings.

I think I done good. Or is it "did good"? (No seriously, I do know. I was trying to be funny).

Minispora beads.

These two will probably be earrings, and if I feel inspired, and nothing shouts louder sooner (because it's volume that determines what my hands will do), I'll make a whole necklace of them because the colour combo is yummy and I have lots more beads.

This is the partial tank top from the birthday yarn I picked up the same day as I got my new car which still smells new, but has a scratch on the bumper which may well be a workplace injury, but I don't think OSHA has jurisdiction. This cotton yarn is silky and knits up really beautifully. I wish I was finished so that I could wear it today.
Yum yum yum. I just love the colours.

And speaking of yummy things, I have The Best Houseguests EVER.
Lookit how much chocolate they brought! And Peet's coffee! And I like them too. Actually that's a bit redundant, because except for my immediate family - whom I pretty much like anyway - I'd never allow anyone who asks to stay here if I didn't like them. I'm old enough and determined enough that I get to decide who comes through the front door. What I really meant was that I'd like them anyway, chocolates or not.

To celebrate, I added another something to my Etsy shop.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I love the orange and green (My favorite colors I so wants them!) Tutorials pleeeaaassseee!

Charlene said...

I'm teaching this on September 21st, so instructions will be available after the class (at the earliest, 9pm Central Time). Feel free to nag AFTER that time!

Unknown said...

Have you recieved or want to recieve the "kreativ blogger award? I would love to put you on my list but I think I should ask permission first! (I promice I won't nag about tutorials but patience is not a vurtue of mine :) )

Charlene said...

I have not received it, and I dunno - do I want to? Is there a downside?

Unknown said...

nope but tag your it! check out my blog!