Sunday, February 6, 2011

Someone Likes Me (My Earrings, Actually)

My emerald green earrings that I listed yesterday (see this morning's blog entry - yes, it never rains but it pours. What can I say, I'm feeling chatty) sold today.

Pretty exciting stuff, as I was rather captured by the basic design, so much so that I've been working on it (read: generating piles of wiggly thread) for much of this evening, so it's doubly pleasing that someone else, someone I've never met before and therefore doesn't have to be nice to me, likes it enough to buy the earrings.

The first version to survive the scissors is nice, but missing something.
When I added another layer, it got better.
You can see it better from the side:
This is not news, but it is a picture of the sweater I finished last week and which has itchy sleeves. For some surprising but unknown reason, the side panels do not itch. I'd honestly have thought that my waist was more sensitive than my arms, but there you go. Life being full of surprises and all.
It's snugger than I'm currently choosing to wear clothes on account of dissatisfaction with the current state of my geography (which looks to me more like landscape and less like scale models), but my Personal Fashion Maven (my daughter) says it fits well, so I'll grudgingly believe her and might even wear it in public.

2 comments:

beadsandblooms said...

Love the bracelet! IMO the design translates even prettier into the bracelet than the earrings and they are very pretty! And the sweater really impresses me. My biggest fiber project this winter has been a crocheted beret!

Unknown said...

your personal fashion maven was right. the sweater is beautiful and looked GREAT. And class was great. Hey for those of you who have wondered whether Charlene can teach how to make her beautiful creations---the answer is YES. She's generous and wonderful teacher. Sign up for her classes at LadyBug Beads!

stef