Friday, February 25, 2011

Finally

I know it really didn't take that long, but it seemed I spent the entire week wanting to work on this, and only managing bursts of a few minutes at a time, so progress seemed snail-like after my initial effort.

I absolutely loved making it, and it turned out perfectly (in my opinion) and right on target and yet ... I can't seem myself wearing it.

I adore the opal-like chartreuse leaves, the lovely organically-shaped amethyst rings (bead artist is Peri, a member of the St Louis Bead Society who always brings scads of beads to each meeting, and I get weak almost every time), the contrast of the sharply crystalline geometric shape of the beaded connectors, but I don't think I need to keep it for myself.

That almost never happens with knitting projects, and only rarely happens with beading projects that entrance me as much as this one has, and yet, there it is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am suprised you are not keeping this one. It is so gorgeous and fun! I loved watching the progress of it!