Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sometimes It Takes A While

Last time I said anything, I had just completed this little pendant and was feeling pretty pleased with myself.
 It's an oval rivoli in a teardrop-shaped bezel and I had all sorts of plans for it: I was going to add a particular embellishment to the outside edge (that didn't work out), I was going to do a wonderfully graduated embellishment (that didn't work out), but most of all, I was going to make a more exaggerated teardrop shape while still holding the rivoli neatly in place.

Needless to say (but I'm saying it anyway) that didn't work out either, and I stitched and cut three or four times. Each time I'd be convinced I was almost there - the rivoli was tilted, or the back was bulging - but really each subsequent time, it didn't get better.

So I went back to the same size and shape and thought again about embellishments and once I got that straight, it all worked out much better.
It can as easily be made into a pendant
 as a necklace, all-in.

Not that all the cutting up and restitching was for nothing because these last two versions are much better around the back and at the point but still. I spent a lot of time with very little to show for it.
I did get a kumihimo clasp off the queue, but there are two more and one necklace halfway done so I guess I'd better get cracking.

No comments: