Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fourchette

I don't know, what would you call it? I realise it's completely non-functional (and I like it that way, despite the thing where they cut up forks and spoons and knives and make them into jewellery) and even though in general I shy away from representational art (not that I'm calling this art; I don't think it is) but somehow I'm fixated on the belief that I have just beaded a fork. (Technically it's a fish fork since it has three tines).
I made another one of these.

Even though it turned out pretty much the way I wanted it to and even though making it is interesting and varied, I confess I don't live it as much as some other things I've made. Is that wrong?

There's kumihimo in the works (there always is) but it's probably less interesting than the one with the leaves.

No comments: