Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two More Hours

I could not be more pleased.
Although it's difficult to see in the pictures, I did manage to add embellishment to the square faces which don't need to be open: you can see the cluster of four minty-aqua seed beads in the picture above where that happened. It's not very elaborate (the embellishment of the squares), but it's what was needed.

I like this picture because it shows the little stems of the blossoms.

I'm not sure how well this would translate to a pattern or a class, as even more so than much of what I do, this really requires both the ability to read one's beadwork, as well as a firm grasp of the structural relationships between different sections of the beadwork.

I fear that writing step-by-step instructions of the "pass through three beads clockwise" variety would obfuscate rather than clarify, but this was so much fun that I wish I could share the joy.

It really didn't even take that long, no longer than a bracelet or a simple necklace really.

Don't laugh, but it was so enjoyable that I'd like to make another right now, if only there weren't (as always) instructions for Tuesday's class to be written and samples for the next set of classes to be made. Not to mention a reasonable facsimile of having a life (which happily includes eating Ethiopian food this evening).

1 comment:

Helen said...

Try finishing off your Ethiopian meal with the coffee ceremony. Its different.