Friday, October 28, 2016

Not Entirely New

I know you've seen this before, but I thought it was a fun experiment anyway.

Last time I used the medium rondelles to help with the tension adjustment and I wanted to see if the size of the rondelle mattered. It does a bit, but not a ton: the beaded bead with the largest rondelle is a little squishy compared with the one in the centre, and the smallest is a tiny bit firmer.

The tiny rondelles are about the size of a Czech size eight seed bead, so this might well work with sizes six and eight seed beads - probably Czech, probably not a rather square seed bead like a Matsuno, and probably, depending on the colour since colour occasionally seems to affect shape and size, Miyuki and Toho beads.

Then there are the demi beads and the mini duos - so many possibilities!

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: