Saturday, October 24, 2015

No Beading Here


Things I learned today:

  1. Just because the thought of using the heat gun and scraper tool almost make you cry (let's be honest: the heat gun is cool; the scraper tool is pure evil) it doesn't mean you don't need to use them anyway.  Even if you already put them away.
  2. Glue likes plywood better than it likes the underneath of sheet vinyl and it's sneaky.
  3. Just because you can't see glue on the plywood underlayment doesn't mean it's not there.
  4. You can't sand invisible glue off.
  5. If you try to sand invisible glue, the plywood gets weird gummy smears from nowhere and the sanding disk gets completely ruined with hard gummy deposits.
  6. If you try to remove the hard gummy things from the sanding disk, you will shape your nails in unintended configurations.

I honestly thought I'd sand the floor first thing in the morning and then glue the cork down in the afternoon and I still think the sticking down part will be fairly quick - if ever I get there.

Until I discovered the invisible glue, I couldn't understand why I couldn't get the floor smooth, and what all those little gummy granules were and why I couldn't vacuum them up.

No comments: