Sunday, July 6, 2008

All Over Bar the, Uh, Weaving In

This has to be an all-time record for longest time over a stupid pair of socks I should have been able to knit in my sleep without ever having to undo. Not that I'm ever sorry to have completed any project ever, as I'm pretty project-oriented (actually, that's a bit misleading, as I really like the entire process from vague idea through reworked designs to seeing it take shape to saying "Thanks, I made it") , but I'm really not sorry these are done and I don't have to mess with them anymore. They do feel pretty good though - lucky my basement is on the cool side, otherwise I'd be ripping them off in a sweaty frenzy (and not the good kind of sweaty frenzy; I don't write about that kind) instead of gaily swinging my besocked foot as I write. Um type.
Needless, or perhaps needles (I'm sorry, I'm sorry - but not enough to remove the offending silly pun. Well, they're all pretty much silly, so I guess this one is simply horribly weak), to say, the next sock has been started. There Must Be Socks on the Needles, so there you are.

No comments: