Monday, March 24, 2008

Eye Candy

I've been knitting and making what feels like no progress; I just love that. 

Tthe big time sink has been preparation for BeadFest Miami for a class for which I so far have ZERO people signed up. The deal is that they allow registration until fifteen minutes before the start of class, so in theory I should be prepared for twenty students, even with none signed up before I leave home. 

Naturally, the classes which do have people enrolled either have kits or are classes I've taught before or both, so I have instructions and supplies and it's just a question of printing and packing, and if the class isn't full, then hey! I have kits already packed. The null-attendee class is therefore one I have not yet taught, nor do I have instructions, and it of course requires much more extensive samples, instructions, supplies and effort than the other classes combined.

I think there must be a made-up law relating to this somehow, like Lubarski's Law of Cybernetic Entymology which simply states "There is always one more bug", but if there is, I neither remember it, nor do I have the witty wherewithall to come up with same.

I'm done with the moans now.

To reward myself, I've been making bits and pieces to sell in my Etsy shop:
Actually, I've been spinning more merino-tencel which has been giving me a great sense of accomplishment since I've been spinning it on the thicker side, about a light worsted weight in a three-ply, which is considerably faster than a three-ply sport-weight. Very satisfying. 

No comments: