Sunday, September 13, 2009

More of the Same

I made another sample.
I'm waiting for the golden rivolis to arrive in the mail so that I can make the fall-toned one of these which I know will be much more to my taste, colour-wise. I'm getting a little tired of these sharp, icy colours: aqua, purple, clear. I'm ready for food colours: pumpkin, eggplant, mustard, raspberry, olive. Mmmm.

Speaking of which, yesterday's dessert was fabulous. And the "Serves 6" would have been better had it said "Serves 5 1/2, except for the sauce which serves about 9". I need to consider what to have underneath left-over basil custard sauce.

I also made another one of these before spinning.

They were like worry-beads in my pocket all day. I kinda liked it.

I didn't think about it until it was pointed out to me, but they are about the size of those troll beads that everyone seems to be all about.

I used Japanese seed beads for the second bead (the one on the left), and I had to adjust the bead count as these are quite a bit bigger than the Czech - and that of course altered the proportions, though not necessarily in a bad way. The purple bead is rounder, while the copper and green bead has a fat equator. I'd show you the sideways picture except that some fuzz ruined it. Actual fuzz, not sixties/seventies "the fuzz, man, be cool".

No comments: