Things I learned today:
- Just because the thought of using the heat gun and scraper tool almost make you cry (let's be honest: the heat gun is cool; the scraper tool is pure evil) it doesn't mean you don't need to use them anyway. Even if you already put them away.
- Glue likes plywood better than it likes the underneath of sheet vinyl and it's sneaky.
- Just because you can't see glue on the plywood underlayment doesn't mean it's not there.
- You can't sand invisible glue off.
- If you try to sand invisible glue, the plywood gets weird gummy smears from nowhere and the sanding disk gets completely ruined with hard gummy deposits.
- If you try to remove the hard gummy things from the sanding disk, you will shape your nails in unintended configurations.
Until I discovered the invisible glue, I couldn't understand why I couldn't get the floor smooth, and what all those little gummy granules were and why I couldn't vacuum them up.