Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Better Alternative

I almost titled this post "Precious Moments" but the associations were inordinately more saccharine than I could tolerate, so I didn't. Yay me.

What I really should have been doing this evening was Putting Things Away and Doing Bills and other equally responsible, adult things, but what I really wanted to do was to bead.
Sunday's version, while eventually more or less what I had aimed for (and missed a few times, but that's all right), was somehow a little messy-looking, thrown-together and altogether not quite right.

Not that I've been bored at work (although today's forty-five-minute optional-but-expect-to-see-you-there Webex on the new Global Review System, or whatever they call it, certainly provided ample opportunity for thinking about beading, sketching beading ideas, and writing beading notes as WELL as taking in the perhaps minute and a half of actual information which could just as easily have been in a short, pointed, company-wide email which would have actually been more useful without the forty-three and a half minutes of quote-unquote important information about a process in which I have been forced to participate in almost every job I have had, and which I found almost exactly the same in every job I have had, but apparently our HR people either (1) think the rest of the world incapable of understanding such simple concepts. Every year, or (2) just enjoy giving lame presentations in a monotone, or (3) have it in for everyone not in HR and are attempting to bore them to death or at the very least waste their time, or (4) think we need a nap just before lunch, but I'm guessing that's probably not it), but I did get home kind of itching to stitch.

So I did.

No comments: