Sunday, March 16, 2008

Not Hysterical After All

It didn't work: spinning extra yarn so as to avoid running out of what I already had, which is only a variation on knitting so quickly that the yarn doesn't have a chance to even think about running out. I really though I wouldn't need the extra skein pictured in my last post, but reality dictates otherwise.
The left sleeve was complete some days ago, but since last night, is gradually becoming less complete. I undid the cast off (oh, now I understand: if I hadn't WOVEN IN THE ENDS then I probably would not have had to do any undoing, but silly me, I was a little too optimistic) and spit-spliced the ends (I'm alternating two rounds/rows between two yarns) sometime before joining the right side seam, and due to a lack of foresight and failure to think through the inside-outness of the three-needle bind-off and how it pertains to yarn theft from one part of a sweater by another, the yarn being gobbled from the left sleeve by what is about to become the right sleeve passes up under the left bottom edge and up through the right armhole.

It's an interesting way to knit a sweater.

I'll steal from left to feed right until both sleeves are even, at which point I'll actually make a ball of my new large skein and possibly switch to ribbing for a rather long cuff. I can't decide what will look worse: an overly long cuff or a yarn colour change in the middle of the sleeve. Probably the former, as I'm not a fan of the extraordinarily long cuff.

Meanwhile, I've been beading a bunch, getting all excited about a line of earrings for my Etsy shop which have yet to be photographed and written up, but which are otherwise complete. And oh yes, making the bangle below, just a little silvery thing which I ought to have made stiffer to be truly useful, not to mention saleable. 

Oh bother. I suppose I shall have to keep and wear it. How dreadful.

No comments: