Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Some Success

Hey, Bead and Button registration opened yesterday and I have seven classes! You should sign up, all your friends should sign up, and all their friends should sign up. You can find my classes HERE!


A class sample for yesterday's class. I'm finding that copper-twards-pink (rather than copper-towards-orange) colour quite appealing.
 And then I finished my table lamp which I have declared successful enough to make a mate (which will mostly match) and to order parts for a floor lamp and possibly more.
While PVC couldn't be easier to work with and cut to size, it's also rather flimsy and because I don't necessarily cut accurately (not because I don't want to, you understand, but because I suck at it) I'm not satisfied with the stability of what I've made with PVC (except the lamps with holes in them. I'm pretty satisfied there). The metal pipes are less forgiving, more expensive and less versatile in some ways, but I like the look much better.

In case you're interested, some of the pieces were what's called black steel and some were galvanized (not so black) but I cleaned and painted all of them a colour they call dark bronze but which could more accurately be described as dull copper.

And no, the house didn't go dark when I switched it on, and I didn't electrocute myself.

No comments: