Friday, December 6, 2013

This and That

This is a class sample.
 This isn't.
It's been sitting, ends unfinished, for ages just waiting. It was time.

Love the colours of the beads, but the weight of all that length and all those beads distorted the tension, and I just couldn't get it right. Perhaps it looks intentional.

I think part of the reason I finally got to this (the queue is by no means empty) is that I'm super-thrilled about the latest two ropes I've made and I really should do them in chronological rather than preferential order otherwise some things will just never get done and I can't have that.

I'm really itching to knit, but the lack of pain was temporary (turns out that what I do at work hurts my hands; bummer) so I probably should but I really want to.

So instead I ferociously make kumihimo ropes. I don't hate them or anything, and that satisfy an itch and burn through size eight seed beads at a satisfying rate, but they're just not knitting.

No comments: