Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Really

I'm fine, I just had nothing to show you. Not that nothing's happened.

We have a brand-new year (yes, I get one of those too), and my kitten is old enough to be (as the vet puts it) tutored: she will redirect his cerebro-testicular oxygen shunt which I fervently hope will cure him of his need to pee in the primary cat's favourite chair. I haven't caught him at it, but I'm pretty sure it's him, not her. Oh yes, and on my bed. Ugh. My nice heavy winter comforter is (oh please please please) being deodorized and cleansed and de-peed by those nice people at the corner dry-cleaners, but hey, luckily for global warming and unseasonal temperatures I can make do with my summer comforter.

I like the winter one better though.

The vet told him that if he doesn't stop this rude behaviour he'll have to live in a shed with Very Unpleasant People, but he didn't seem afraid of her threat as he just came home and peed on the chair. Again. After I'd done a good enough job on it that the primary cat was happy to curl up on it.
Actually, I forgot that I'd made these earrings to go with the necklace.

I've done quite a bit of knitting over the past week: a rather plain ribbed beanie for my son and the collar of a cardigan for a friend who was having trouble between the pattern, her tight gauge and shortness of yarn and was ready to throw away an almost-ready-for-her-granddaughter Noro cardigan.

I couldn't let that happen, so I made it work for her.

And I started another cardigan (for me), but it's not yet at the attractive stage, it's still kinda blobby.

I've been trying to work on a necklace for another lampwork bead, a gorgeous bead in very pretty colours which apparently just don't excite me when I have to stitch with them, so there's been a fair amount of cutting.

I decided to take another tack entirely (less right angle weave and fire-polished beads, more herringbone and seed beads, and instead this happened (no, these are not the lampwork colours; these are colours that I like to work with. Allegedly).
A curly little chain that flows easily from one motif to the next, is a decent vehicle for left-over beads too many to toss but too few to use in any meaningful way, and can be worked as single motifs for earrings as well. And they don't take too terribly long and mostly don't require superhuman thread tension.

All I need is a name.

No comments: