Sunday, August 18, 2013

All Over Bar the Grouting

 Every square inch of floor that should be covered by tile, is. The hole in the floor in the picture above is for the register and I haven't removed all the labels, so it's not as though I'm ready to move the furniture back in and call it done, but I think I'm over the worst of it.

I'm oddly optimistic about the grouting.
All that remains is some cleanup (removal of smudges of thin-set, that sort of thing), grouting and getting a something to transition from the tiles to the wood floor.

I was feeling pretty smug, so I moved in a small end table, and then I realized that it could be problematic that the tiles may not be laid down perfectly evenly: things will at best wobble, and at worst put a disproportionate amount of pressure on the high areas and maybe the tiles will break.

Perhaps I should just leave this room empty.

Perhaps it's not that bad after all.

No comments: