Monday, June 18, 2012

That Many Hours

Finally done.
There are twelve links at about seventy to eighty minutes each, the focal at double that, and the button at somewhere under an hour. That's, um, something over eighteen hours, give or take an hour or two.

I don't usually do the black-red-silver thing, but I really like the design, and I'm feeling rather proprietary right now, so I might wear it once and see if it's me, or if I have to make another one in colours that make me sing.

Not. This. Week. (My neck is stiff).

Teaching this will be a bit of a challenge because of the timing.

Usually for a two-hour class, I like to be able to finish the item in under an hour. Occasionally people are much faster (it's rare, typically happening for perhaps one person in the class), but more often I wish I had about an extra half an hour - the bead store should stay open later! Even though each link took me well over an hour, it's symmetric about the waist, meaning that the relevant teachable bits took me not much more than forty-five minutes at most, so that's one class.

If people are willing to do homework, the focal (with homework of one unembellished link) is another class, as it's a Link With Extra Bits.

The cute little square button which I still plan to repeat as a pair of earrings or a bracelet or necklace is another class.

I think I can make this work...

No comments: