Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh Yeah, Puget Sound Bead Festival

I'm psyched: I just heard that I'll be teaching four classes (um, the projects in the pictures in this post, in case it's not obvious) at the Puget Sound Bead Festival in July this year!
Apart from anything, it'll be great to escape the Midwest summer heat and humidity, if only for a few days - the weather in the Pacific Northwest is so much friendlier in summer.
What they want to do is for the students to buy kits directly from instructors, so I believe that I will be able to give them a URL that they will post on their site, that will take people to the place where I'm selling the kits.
I'll probably make the kits available in my Etsy shop (to be brought with me to the show, not shipped beforehand), and I might have them available through my blog too, if people object to registering with Etsy. Please leave a comment if you have an opinion!

As of today, I've actually taught two of these before, and by the time July rolls around, I'll have taught another, and I already have instructions for the fourth, so it should be relatively painless prep.

And in other news, there has been some small amount of work to do at the still-new job, and while it's not anything approaching enough to fill all my time, at least it's something. Any improvement, no matter how small, is a plus.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Congratulations, I'm hoping that I will get up the the PSBF this year. So maybe I'll see you there ;)