Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jumping Off

A couple of years ago I realised that for me happiness was the condition of having my head so full of ideas that even an infinite future seemed too small to contain it all.

Things I want to do, places I want to see, books I want to read, music I want to listen to (and by the way, my latest music crush is The Magnetic Fields, specifically their newest album Realism - thanks, NPR for turning me onto them!), garments I want to knit (and occasionally sew), things I want to bead, materials I want to work with, recipes to try, ingredients to taste - you get the picture.

So anything which makes my head spin faster is A Good Thing.

Last night, being caught up (or caught up enough) with class proposals, samples and instructions, I finally made Lori's bracelet which she'd been asking for since possibly as long ago as November, ready for knitting tonight. It's like this one in my Etsy shop, but she needed the size to change slightly.

Just because I wasn't in the mood for finishing something else on my Duty List, something I'd already started, I decided to make a pair of matching earrings instead, something simple. So I made a square of peyote stitch, zipped it up to form a tube, and decided it wasn't done and needed more beads, and came up with these little tubes each with three wings or flanges.

Kinda cute.
Match the bracelet.
Then today at work, where I do in fact have some few small tasks, so it's not as though I'm desperately searching for things to do with my head, I had ideas doing gymnastic in there. All from those barely-better-than-boring little earrings. Other kinds of flanges, ways to combine them, extend them, shape them, distort them.

IT'S SO COOL WHEN MY HEAD DOES THAT!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

And it's also cool watching your head do that!

MARITINA said...

preciosa pulsera y los pendientes genial.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.