Last time I said anything, I had just completed this little pendant and was feeling pretty pleased with myself.
Needless to say (but I'm saying it anyway) that didn't work out either, and I stitched and cut three or four times. Each time I'd be convinced I was almost there - the rivoli was tilted, or the back was bulging - but really each subsequent time, it didn't get better.
So I went back to the same size and shape and thought again about embellishments and once I got that straight, it all worked out much better.
Not that all the cutting up and restitching was for nothing because these last two versions are much better around the back and at the point but still. I spent a lot of time with very little to show for it.