Sunday, March 29, 2015

Not So Shabby

You know how sometimes I whinge about the ratio of time spent to results achieved?

Not today.
 I pretty much love this kumihimo necklace because the focal is such a stunning piece of agate. And huge which doesn't hurt. I've said it before and I'll say it again: size does matter.
 Another class sample. I'm not sure what it is with this design but it turns out I'm incapable of picking a good colour palette for this one. The orange is too bright, the purple is too light and bright and too, well, purple and the gold is too garish and the bronze just hides instead of moderating the whole.

Guess I'll have to try again sometime.
 Although this is photographed from the back, you can see the front through it. I know this is a somewhat spare design which I've thought about complicating, but every time I'm about to, I stop. Maybe next time.
I thought I had this one done, but wanted to stitch another sample to verify the timing, and ended up tweaking it a bit after all. Who knew.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with my output, even if nothing was a brand spanking new design.

No comments: