Sunday, April 28, 2013

What Was I Thinking Department

I mean, did I really believe I liked a colour-way which is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the three paint primaries?
Because I'll tell you right now I see a dyepot in the future of these socks-to-be.

Still, this yarn presented an interesting challenge with its very stark contrasts. The colouring is so bold that it completely overpowers any stitch patterns, so this short-row zig-zag takes great advantage of the length of the repeats. A very short repeat would have been far more versatile: a plain sock would have simply been dappled, and a patterned sock would have lost some of the stitch definition, but this repeat length is ideal for ugly pooling.

I'm pretty sure that by the end of the pair it'll be a while before I can stomach short-rows again.

No comments: