Monday, April 1, 2013

No and Yes

Sometimes I make a Thing, which is whole and complete and doesn't really break down.

Tuesday's class is a repeating motif whose first and simplest version was a pair of shoulder-duster earrings which eventually became Octochain (awful name, not my finest moment) which I'm teaching on Tuesday. 

The earrings arranged the motifs in a straight line, whereas the necklace modifies the motif to allow the chain to curve.

Since the instructions are done, and I had Ideas I tried one out: curve every corner and use tiny spikes instead of fire-polished beads, but all I can say is "No". It doesn't look bad in the picture, but it's a pathetic and limp mess and the spikes are just silly. The only thing this is good for is laying down flat.
 The shoulder-dusters still work though, and even better with drops to finish them off.
 I was surfing and came across a blog with gorgeous wirework which made me think I could do something which in fact I could not, so I ended up with these earrings instead.
I have more Ideas, but they'll have to wait until taxes are done (I don't know why I always procrastinate so badly but I just do. It's ridiculous, but there it is: taxes take precedence even though I have far more entertaining things to do).

No comments: