Saturday, August 13, 2011

Out of Proportion

A few weeks ago I missed Nancy's birthday around the time that Adriana admired a pair of earrings here, so I made a few pairs for Nancy and sent Adriana the ones she admired. It was the least I could do, really.

A small gesture of friendship.

But then this was in the mail today.
In case you can't see, it's a lot of chocolate with fabulously exotic flavourings like Indonesian sweet curry with coconut, and wasabi and ginger and blood orange caramel (I've tasted that one: yum!) and jasmine tea. Oh and some cookies, because really, seven slabs of chocolate just aren't enough.

Talk about overwhelmed!

Meanwhile I've been making class samples (story of my life) because the originals are in my Etsy shop (here and here) and so really ought not be sequestered in the classes case in the bead store for the next four months.
The earrings are identical to the ones I'd originally made, but the pendant has an add-on.
The dangle is exactly the same as the earrings (well, close) but without the overlay.

So often I add an overlay to something in large part because it needs strength or support or a place to affix a bail, but with this design, the overlay is entirely unnecessary and utterly decorative.

I actually like it both ways. More is often better but not necessarily, as it turns out.

No comments: