Sunday, July 18, 2010

And So It Starts Again

The need for classes for the last four months of the year.

I'm in the middle of seventeen or so projects, mostly with this end in sight.

I think I like this one, and the chain is working well so far. I'm tempted to add another layer behind the second. With beadwork, more is so often better.
What's not so readily apparent from the picture is that both layers ruffle somewhat. If I made them bigger, they'd ruffle some more, but in real life they're already quite lively.

My initial thought with these was Pandora- or Troll-style beads, the kind you slide on one of those fat silver chains, but the bead grew, and while it'll still happily slide onto a fat chain, the hole is actually quite a bit bigger than I'd originally envisioned (it'll slide over a herringbone rope), as is the bead. Pendant. Donut. Whatever.
The next picture shows a single repeat of a chain which I started before Puget Sound. It grew in part from a kit I wanted to develop to take with me, only to find that the main colour seed beads I'd ordered was just the wrong shade, although it still went well with the other colours. And the actual project didn't go quite as planned, so I have a bag of ingredients destined for greatness, only not today.
I actually played around with this shape a few years ago, using only a single colour, and wasn't quite satisfied, but I think it's fun with stripes, and with a bit of colour patterning, could be even more so. I'm pretty sure it'll work to make a graduated chain of these little boxy things.

This next is purely for me.

This is a bead I bought at Puget Sound, and I don't exactly know where I'm going with it, but I don't care. I just wish I had more time to play.

As always.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Charlene you are killing me! These are to die for pieces! I just wish I had a little of what goes on in that creative mind of yours! You are my HERO!

Hugs!