Monday, February 15, 2010

Dye Saves the Day

I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I bought this yarn, and actually started knitting something with it, something that I assume I thought I'd put on my body, something that may well be visible to someone WITH EYES.
I'm not sure if I thought it a test of character, if I bought the yarn with the intention to dye it (and if so, WTF? There are so many yarns that START OFF gorgeous) or what I was smoking. (Nothing. I don't actually like to alter my consciousness with the application of chemicals).

Dyeing is a wonderful thing, truly wonderful.
Brown, a touch of blue, a touch of black, don't stir much and let the crock-pot do its thing.

And I really could do with some brown socks, whereas I honestly have no use for baby clown vomit socks.

1 comment:

Sara said...

"baby clown vomit" made me laugh :).