Sunday, February 14, 2010

Duty Called And I Answered

I'm all smugly because my Earring of the Month kits for February are packed and ready to go.

I didn't do exactly what I thought I would (mainly because deconstructing what I did before would have involved the use of scissors, which would kind of undermine the notion of finishing a project which is on a good path), but it's close and if I recall my pain correctly, less awkward and pretty similar.
And I even made a pair for myself.
The back's pretty too (see the one on the right). I think it's the [ex] seamstress in me, the one that delights in luscious linings and nicely finished seams, that derives tremendous satisfaction from the private view of a necklace or earrings that's attractive too.

It was a circuitous route, because I made a bracelet first.

It was a kind of Sunday morning wake-up-and-get-in-the-beading-mode, not that I've ever seriously required beading foreplay before - I'm just as happy to get down and dirty right away, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The bracelet was going to be much simpler, without the cab (which is actually a bead - see the listing in my Etsy shop for more pictures), but then I ran out of the matte [*] beads and the sale ended a week ago and I didn't buy any more of them so dammit, I'm working with what I currently have, and that happened to include half a string of faceted flat oval beads and so (to quote one or more deceased family members) Bob's your uncle (he was actually, though now also sadly deceased; luckily we have his son David to enjoy, and I do), I have a bracelet with a somewhat asymmetric (due to the clasp) focal.

I also have a decently long run-on sentence, though I think it would have been more impressive without the parentheses, but that's neither her nor there.

[*] I always type "matter" instead of "matte"; I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something about the way I feel about matte-finished beads?

No comments: