Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Uncle!

I can't stand it any more.

I knit for pleasure, and while the yarn is lovely, and it looks beautiful, I'm not enjoying the knitting of this one bit.

And furthermore, the thought of picking up the dropped stitch that I can see (there's an invisible dropped purl somewhere in the neighbourhood, but as there's all sorts of crossness going on, I can't find it right now) and laddering it up through the back loop is more than I can bear.

So I'll just start again with Hypnosis from Janel's lovely, lovely book.

Even though her gauge (and the pattern, as written) don't quite match my yarn/standard sock size/number of stitches/gauge, the design will size well for me, I think. If I want to (and I might, perhaps) I can even emphasise the single columns of knit stitches by working them through the back loop, but at least I don't have to do all those crossed stitches, which really was diluting my joy.

I can get it back though, because I just know that this will be so much more pleasant.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love the ensuing tangle. I do exactly that in my frogging fits of pique.