Thursday, January 24, 2008

Something More

I was working on this when I got distracted by kumihimo, and then my back crapped out so I didn't take a picture, but I'm rather pleased with the outcome.
I didn't have a big enough white background, hence the sadly-distracting wood-grain of my TV tray table originally purchased for lampwork when I was in an apartment without a workshop and needed to be able to stash the work area when not in use, now repurposed as photography surface, though usually covered in white cardstock, which in this case wasn't quite big enough.
Anyway.

Gorgeous dichroic cabochon by Jeanine Glaves, a quiet genius (she's quiet about her brilliance, to be more precise and less misleading, as she does decidedly not disappear in a crowd. Few spinners do) who gave this to me in exchange for a beaded bead. The other cabochon from the exchange is even better.

This is one of those pieces I totally owned in the making: had to make it, had to work on it, had the vision, was compelled to execute, but now that it's done, I'd part with it in a heartbeat (for the right price). I didn't know that when I started it, because most of what I make for the sake of making (i.e. because I'm driven to do so) is for me, but that's OK.  Happens occasionally, like here:
Ask Amy, I always want to make floral stuff, and she laughs and laughs, but she's right: I'm just not a floral kinda girl. It's pretty, the colours pop (in a good way) and blend, it sits nicely around the neck, but on ME? Probably not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow those are totally great.