Sunday, February 2, 2014

Well Used

No, I'm not talking about second-hand stuff, I'm talking about my time.

The way I've spent it this weekend has been generally satisfactory to me.

I finished the instructions for Tuesday's class and made a New Thing or two.
 The five-around version is just the right size for a kumihimo rope with size elevens, while the six-around version is a little bigger - I have something else in mind for this version.
 Both stem from the little doodad I made last weekend: I knew there were better things in store for it.
And yes, I finished the rope too, and in much the same way I use elevens to stitch the ends of a rope made with eights, I used fifteens to stitch the ends of this rope.

I also thought about knitting quite a bit, and even perused patterns as though I were about to start a new project.

Turns out that I don't have carpal tunnel syndrome after all - they shocked me up and down my bad wrist to determine this. I'm not sure how I feel about it, because now I don't know what I have, or if it can be fixed - at least I know that carpal tunnel surgery is pretty successful (not that I'm burning to go under the knife or anything, but it's nice to know that a solution is possible).

So why not knit?

(Probably because it'll hurt if I'm not careful).

But I do need new gloves.

No comments: