Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just This

I've been knitting, and there are no pictures. When I think of it, it's already dark and my lighting really only works for very small things that I can put on the table, and the socks look nasty if not on a foot.

I made one pair of Vertizontal, mostly following the pattern as written, but was dissatisfied with the fit, so I made a third sock trying out a couple of ideas which helped but still didn't overcome my overall issues, so I'm considering making this second pair fraternal rather than identical twins, but if I do that then the fit will be completely different for each foot so I guess I'll just soldier on with the same sock (but perhaps better if I can figure out how to make it so).

Meanwhile because I've done practically no useful beading whatsoever (my time has been taken up ordering beads for my Bead & Button classes) I felt a deep urge, so I worked on some long-overdue commission work:
 A pair of earrings to match a pendant, and s necklace and pair of earrings to match a bracelet.
Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.

No comments: