Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just the One

I'm not sure why, but I had this urge to use lots of colour (the rivoli is actually bright fuchsia) for this class sample to test my notes and stabilise the design.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, even though it's a full marathon from my usual palette.

In other news, the kitten and I have an ongoing disagreement about grooming and personal hygiene and rest, and she's currently winning: she doesn't approve of the way my hair is styled at the back, which is most obvious at around 4 in the morning when I roll onto my side, making it all-too-visible for her excellent night vision. It is so objectionable that she feels compelled to fix it by licking my hair, but I strongly feel that I should be allowed to sleep. She remains unconvinced, in spite of the fact that when the alarm scares the hell out of me (as one of her entirely voluntary - and surprising - duties she has assumed the thoughtful task of adjusting the alarm volume upwards by about the size of the national deficit), I shower and undo all her careful work anyway.

As she is capable of sleep while perched on my shoulder, she is at a loss as to what my blathering about lack of sleep is all about. Perhaps she doesn't realise that where I work I do not have access to beds, or for that matter, anywhere convenient (or appropriate) for napping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the life of a kitty owner! You need to know this will be an on going dispute as she will always feel you are her pet and not the other way around! Have fun! Love the new piece!

Hugs