Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Green Day

Not the band, though I am a fan, but somehow I've been working in green. Not just greens in general, not just matte greens, or olivey greens, but the same actual colour of seed beads.
I had said that I wouldn't make another one of these, but I had to. I'm a member of the Etsy Beadweavers Team, haven't entered a challenge in a while, and the next one coming due is "Bollywood", which I think this fits really well. So I had to.

I used green garnets in the centre, olive green faceted teardrops, lavender metallic seed beads for the main accent, and deep, rich gold and bronze for the other accents.

I always associate a really yellow gold with Indian jewellery; I'd heard that much of it is made from fourteen- or nine-carat gold, but then plated with twenty-four carat to give it that unutterably decadent feel.

It's not yet listed in my Etsy shop, but it will be, soon.

And then - spoiler alert! - August earrings, which are packed up, but not yet out the door.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Both of them!

Hugs