Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Do So Have A Life

It just doesn't get better than this on a weeknight.

First teaching a very entertaining group of people to make these:
Followed by a mad dash to Blueberry Hill so I could enjoy these guys:
The only thing that could have been improved upon would have been an extra couple of hours for beading and knitting, instead of sleeping so that I could get to work this morning.

Actually, I wish there had been a better turnout for the band, as it was a very small audience, even for the Duck Room.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to get out sometimes it reminds you that there is a world out there. Being Stay at Home Mom is good and has great rewards but.... I haven't gotten out much in 17 years! I will say if I lived closer to you I would be at every class (and my husband would be broke!) That band sounds good

Juno said...

I really love One Eskimo - v. jealous. Have you seen the Hometime animation?

Charlene said...

Yup. Amazon was selling the album for $5, and it came with the videos for almost all the songs. For four guys, they managed to get a really rich sound in their live show. The bass player blows the trumpet while he's still fingering the strings (though of course he's not strumming or picking), while the drummer has a sort of square electronic keyboard thingie for the samples in Kandi and All Balloons. Their live sound is much more intense than their album sound though; less mellow and ethereal.