Monday, November 5, 2007

It's Hard Being Green

Actually, it's annoyingly easy, as it turns out.  

You know how when you go bead shopping and see something wonderful that you just have to have, and you get home and you already have three?  Well, apparently I'm like that with green yarn, and green spinning fiber, and it's not even a good selection of greens, from mint through seafoam, lime, celery, grass, pea, peacock, sage, pine, forest and bottle, and all the ones I neglected to mention, but to all intents and purposes, it's the same green.  

I already have at least two newish (made within the past couple of years) green sweaters and three green cardigans, and when I decided that the only possible yarn I could use for my next cardigan was this:
Well, something had to give.  The white blips are kinda ugly anyway.

Luckily I have dyes and a dyepot and I know how to use them.
I really was aiming for less blue, more teal, but when you don't measure, you just learn to love your creations.

In other news, Amy's necklace is progressing apace, and my new necklace from yesterday is really heavy: my neck is stiff and I have a headache, but that could well be due to lack of sleep or not enough water, the effects of both of which are not that dissimilar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I liked those white blips.
But the blue is nice too. Don't let me stand between you and the dyepot.