Saturday, June 6, 2015

I Couldn't Be More Pleased

I won't even show you the piles and piles that have been semi-unpacked but not put away. I'll get to that when I've had ore sleep.

This is what my table looks like.
 The pile of wiggly thread looks deceptively small, but it represents at least four little things which were cut apart. Nothing was working. I couldn't get started it seemed.
 Then this happened. Looks like nothing much, right?
And then when you view it from a slightly different angle, you can see. Next time I'll use lighter and brighter beads so you can see too, but it's a lovely, airy thing with open spaces and passages just perfect for a herringbone rope for example.

In this incarnation it might even be light enough for a rather substantial earring (not sure; tests are in order) but I think it'll scale up nicely to a rather eye-catching pendant which might even lend itself to some interesting embellishment. We'll have to see, won't we?

No comments: