Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quite Productive

Last night I went to see Paula Poundstone and walked in a couple of minutes late (I've never done that before) and even though I rushed like crazy to finish the pendant on the right, that wasn't the cause.
 And it wasn't my fault alone AND we weren't the last people to arrive, small comfort though that is.

And the pendants? Reversible.

I know they're rather floral, both in their detailing as well as in the pressed beads used, but I was having a moment. Besides, it's actually quite a relief to be able to use those beads. I know I'm not the only one who looks through their stash and asks themselves more than once "What was I thinking?"
 Even though the picture doesn't show it, this necklace is actually finished.
 And the follow-on too.

I really wanted the brown and turquoise one to be more scalloped, but maybe that'll be the follow-on to the follow-on.
And I made one bead for the next set of samples but I have to say, the colours of the seed beads leave me cold. I like each individually but they don't even begin to sing together; it's more of a monotonous drone if you ask me.

I need a do-over.

No comments: